We created a countdown to the new year at firefall.com.
2020 has been a the year that somehow packed a decade of life altering events into just 365 days while also seamlessly blending each day into the next. In these grueling twelve months, we all retreated to the solitude of the places we call home and sought comfort through screens and virtual interactions. And with the constantly changing atmosphere of health and safety, we were forced to adapt in isolation.
But with the new year right around the corner and a glimpse of hope on the horizon, we can look forward to brighter days ahead filled with things we might have taken for granted.
So here’s to…
- Unlimited lunch options at your local workplace establishments. Personal choice of poison would be reasonably overpaying for a filling bowl of Oyakodon from Niko Niko.
- Crowded commutes on constantly delayed Path trains or the scenic but bumpy rides on the NYC Ferry.
- The luxury and comfort of ergonomic office chairs and not settling for makeshift work spaces.
- Office parties, casual happy hours at any hour of the day, and honestly any in-person social gathering.
- Taking a casual walk outside near Pier 11. Enjoying the breeze and lack luster views of Brooklyn across the way.
Who knows what 2021 will bring. I would settle for a little bit more normalcy, but here’s to something better!